Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Episode Eight

After a rough night on the couch, a hot shower was just the thing to help me get my thoughts together. I was engaged! And Nani was still missing.

When I came out, it was to find Chloe still in her bathrobe. Despite my best charms, she wouldn't open it for me. She just wanted me to find her friend.

Some things weren't adding up for me. After enjoying Chloe's great pancakes, I headed back to my place for a quick change.

T was "johnny on the spot" with news of new residents moving in. Nicola and Anna. Both lookers, of course. T promises to keep a special eye on them.

The police were called after Fel went into a rant about people stealing her things. Come to find out, Clay had picked up her purse and put it in the car.

Kels just became a level three celebrity. I'm not exactly sure what he does all day but T assures me it's not much more than what I see right now.

To my surprise, I found Nani asleep on my bed. How did she get in? Where has she been? What happened to her?

When I gently shook her awake, she turned and leaped into my arms. I was so relieved to have found her unharmed.

I asked her the questions I had running through my mind. But she didn't seem eager to answer them. She continued to stare into my eyes ...

The kiss was unplanned. But it felt so sweet to press my lips against hers. Nani would never expect me to sleep on the couch.

The rest ... was a mistake. After, I told her how upset Chloe had been and all the things I had learned around town. Her reaction was totally unexpected.

She jumped out of bed and began ranting about life not being fair and that she had worked so hard on everything. I tried to figure out what she was talking about but she went into the bathroom and slammed the door.

I yelled to Nani that I was heading over to let Chloe know she was alright. I had just reached the porch when the phone rang. It was Bina. Someone else had gone missing.

I met her outside the theater where she works. Her love interest, L, was with her. She claimed her roommate, Early, had planned an outing to the Butterfly Esplanade before going into work. Then the hospital called last night to see why she didn't show up for work. Bina was very worried, Early never misses work and she didn't call or come home at all.

I got the impression that this was news to L, by his reaction. Why would Bina not tell her boyfriend about her roommate?

I noticed young lovers, Paisley and Beau Gilbert,  just down the road. Perhaps Early had a romantic rendezvous of some sort? Well, I better check things out in case they are related to this mysterious Project-X that I think Nani is involved in.

T informed me that Roarke is trying to hire more people to his side of the gang war. It's just ridiculous that he would even try to recruit the wife of the Robin.

The Esplanade was a huge complex. I was having a hard time trying to find any clues.

I was able to locate the area Bina had described as Early's favorite butterfly watching spot.

I was writing down some notes when Dante stood and motioned for me to come over. Perhaps he was waiting for me?

He asked if I was looking for something. I told him about Bina's missing roommate. He said I would have better luck asking around at the diner on the mesa. I didn't like the way the guy was smirking at me.

I raced away to get my truck, anyway. But not without first noticing ...

... the beautiful brother and sister moment!

I was just about to go inside Hogan's when I saw Mark standing behind some flowers.

I asked to have a chat with him. He seemed really reluctant to be seen with me. He told me rumors were going around town and that I was now considered a social piranha.


I was floored! How could news of this be making the rounds already? Then even more shocking was seeing Early walk out of Hogan's with several other residents, all laughing and having a good time. That's when I knew I had been HAD!

I made a urgent call to Bina and arranged a meeting at the nearby Gas-N-Go. I tried to leave the scene at Hogan's before anymore drama could occur.

But I didn't count on Sean, that nosy reporter, showing up. His questions about my unfaithfulness to Chloe were hard hitting. I am sure he could give that Debbie Kliene a run for her money.

He even threw out accusations that I had been with Sadie, when it was undoubtedly not true!

I was a mess by the time I reached Bina. And her giddy laughter as I approached did not bode well. What had happened? Why this elaborate hoax about missing roommates?

Having Mr B show up tipped me off. He explained that he has nothing personal against me but that my snooping had caused quite a stir. There had to be repercussions. So Nani being in my bed, the call from Bina, Dante's presence in the Butterfly Esplanade ... it had all been staged!? To throw me off Project-X?

My life was falling apart. Chloe would have to believe me that this is all a big mistake. I can't lose her! And Mr B claims he is just a pawn is all this? What is going on?

I can't live down that last mistake. I would do anything to take it back.


As I had feared, Chloe had heard about Nani being in my bed. I tried to explain that I didn't know that she was there and that it had been staged.

But Nani had already told her that I had known. And that me pretending to search for her , was just a way to keep our relationship hidden. I threatened to tear out those purple extensions if Nani didn't tell the truth! But to no avail.

Chloe was through with me!

She wanted me out of her life for good. And I could take my tramp with me.

Then Nani stepped in claiming she paid half the rent on the house and she wouldn't be kicked out. Chloe would take no nonsense and told her to get her ass out or else! I guess she believed her.

Nani was pissed at me, for what? I don't know. She was mad that she had no where to go so I told her to just take her butt to my place. As long as she stayed far away from me, I was fine. I was going to get a drink ... probably several.

T informed me that Roarke and Lacey had broken up due to her finding about about him paying for services rendered by the one and only Venus. Rumors say Jewel was in on the deal too!

That update just killed me. I was hurting so much inside. I never wanted to do that to my sweet Chloe.

Maybe I was just not good enough for her anyway.

I sat and ordered one drink after another. I had a few people join me but as soon as they noticed who I was, they would hop over another seat or leave all together.

Everywhere I looked seemed to be a reminder of my misdeeds. I saw Simis Bachelor flirting it up with Pen. He's married and she is in a serious relationship with Kels.

And Simsgal was rocking on the dance floor despite Don dumping her and moving on to another woman the same day.

I took my woes out to the hot tub where Gunther was able to convince me to skinny dip with him. After that, it was back to the bar for more drinks and more lonely reminders of the good thing I had lost.

Until I just couldn't hold my head up any more. I found a secluded bench and rested for a moment.

I remember that someone came for me and put me in a taxi. After that, it's all black...


2 comments:

  1. Dirty, rotten, no good JERK! :P

    I want to see him pay for what he did to Chloe! Oh well, I'm sure Nani will make him miserable at some point! *giggles*

    ReplyDelete