Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Episode Seven

My late night made the five am wake-up call seem pretty harsh. But Chloe sounded very upset so I dressed and headed over to her place. 

She was worried about Nani! She calls me up at 5am because her roommate didn't come home?! She gave me the line "she usually checks in". She was probably sleeping with some one's husband and couldn't get a minute to call!

But you don't pave the road to engagement with arguing about the morality of your Love's friend. I assured her I would use my resources to locate Nani.

Best place to start? The nosy neighbors! Most everyone had left for work but I had luck at the Ashpie home.

After listening to her admonish Brydon for grabbing the ice cream from the freezer ...

... and Aiden for not finishing his homework...

... I broke it down for her. I played it like I was truly upset.

And it seemed to work. Ash quickly spilled the fact that Beau had came by and picked Nani up from her house two days before.

She walked away to pick up Collin and I slipped out the front door as she was yelling for the kids to get ready. The bus was, indeed, coming.

I tried to find a listing for Beau but to no avail. So I looked up his good friend, Clay Henderson. That is when I realized they still lived in the same apartment!

I told Clay that I really needed to talk to just Beau about the situation.


He seemed pretty upset that I would accuse his friend of being involved with a disappearance. I decided to find out what Beau had to say.


His smart-ass comment about not having any new blood in his throat for days was not well received.

Finally he came clean about picking Nani up. He said she had called him and had only wanted a ride to the Civic Center. I was starting to get real frustrated by all this run-a-round. Why did no one claim to know where she was? And maybe ... I was starting to get a little worried.

Updates kept my mind on other things as I walked the six blocks to the Civic Center. Pen was shocked to learn she had an online fan club, dedicated to her last book!

Cornelia is still up to her old tricks. She was seen getting a "donation" from Fiona Gilbert.

Whatever Horsey told L, was not taken very well.

At the edge of the Center, I found a purple extension. Since Nani had left a couple in my bed, I knew exactly what they looked like. I started to treat this like a real case and began writing down important facts.

I found a trace amount of white powder by the extension. I followed it all the way around to the empty baseball field.

What the hell happened to Nani!!??

A quick call to a PD friend, Susan Teen, netted me a quiet meeting on the roadside.


I asked about anyone that was new in town and had a questionable background. The fact that she was able to rattle off a name without having to think about it, made me think this could be the person with the answers.  

I didn't want to call Chloe until I knew for sure what had happened to Nani. Right now, all I knew was that she was missing.

The guy's name was Sean and he's a journalist. He seems the smart, arty type, if they have such a thing. I tried to play nice and get the information without him knowing.

But he played it off like he knew nothing about Nani.

But when I pulled his sleeve up and pointed out the white latex powder I had found all over the Civic Center, he tried to backpedal, and explain it away. But I gave him no room to wiggle.

Then he got angry! He yelled that "I was in over my head" and other stuff about "new technology" or "observation period".

He refused to say anything more about Nani though. I could beat the information out of him ....

... but I decided to follow the clues. By his accounts, it has something to do with the science lab. So, naturally, I pulled a stakeout at the back entrance to the Landgrabb Marine Science Facility. I whittled the time with updates from T.

Morty has started dating the illustrious Bella. Shocking.

LadyBug has had a hard go since being turned human again by that darned Helsing gang.


L was seen fuming about another argument with Bina. I do believe they have a love-hate relationship.

Skip has entered into a steady relationship with Susan. But his eye has already started wandering.

I was pulled from my updates by the loud guitar playing taking place in the park across from the science facility. I noticed it was Mark so I quickly crossed the street to see what he was up to.

Come to find out, he had started playing to get my attention! He had seen me and wanted to warn me. About what? He couldn't say. He just knew that I was making certain people really nervous.  

He told me to call up a friend. And that I was looking in the wrong career. I needed to look up someone closer to me.


I put together what he couldn't say. Another quick call and I was heading to the Irish Green...

... to meet Mr B - Head of Project X.

The joint seemed normal enough. You have to be careful with these military types. I made the first move and invited Mr B, the guy I had asked for advice from, up to play a game of Foosball.

He gave me the whole spiel about work being best left at work. And that certain people making noise about things they know nothing about could cause trouble for them.

What he was really saying was that the higher ups wanted me shut up and quick. But I wasn't going to let that scare me. I WAS going to find Nani!


I let him think that I was mollified by his "chat" and he soon left.

It was getting late and I knew Chloe must be worried out of her mind. I called her just as she was leaving work. I asked to meet her at Cafe Press.

Turning to find the bar-hopping Lizzy in a very romantic embrace with Ryder, who I am sure is dating Jolee, was surprising.

But no more so than seeing a toddler in a bar with his parents. I checked my updates as I rode the subway the short way to the cafe.

WEDDING: Beau and Ladybug have gotten married. I never thought one of the town gigolos would ever settle.

The Lothario/Simsgal twins have become toddlers. Seen here is Alecia. Elmer was being camera shy.

Dina is telling everyone about how Arden refuses to acknowledge that she is carrying his baby. I think she enjoys the attention she is getting.

I got there before Chloe so I ordered a cup of coffee to sustain me while I waited.

In the end, I only told her that I was unable to confirm anything. But that I would continue looking in the morning. Then I walked her home where she invited me inside. She was afraid to be alone now.


I cozied up to her thinking she might change her mind on sleeping arrangements.

I really wanted a more romantic setting, but everything just felt right.
I
So I got down on one knee ...

... and showed her the diamond I spent half my life savings on.

Of course she said "yes"!!!

But still didn't change her mind about the sleeping arrangements.

1 comment: