Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Episode Five

Waking up, I found Nani still in bed beside me.
I had done a lot of hard thinking, and I knew what I had to do.

I decided to make some pancakes for breakfast ... to give Nani time to wake up.


She was very perky and rambled on about this hot new nightclub down by the beachfront.

When she started clearing the table, I knew the time had come.

When I told her I was getting serious with Chloe, she took the news well. But when I said we couldn't see each other anymore, and asked to be just friends ....

... she left in a huff. I hope she doesn't cause trouble for me.

I jump online and tend to my networking then check my site. Another client: Mr Bordelinski.

I called him up and he asked me to meet him at the Old West Saloon, on the poor side of town. He is worried his wife is stepping out on him with that Beau character. He wants me to find out the truth.

Since I am kinda fond of this young family, I went straight to B and told her about her husband hiring me. She swore it was a one time thing and begged me not to show my stakeout pictures to her husband. I agreed.

As I was heading back to the saloon to speak with Mr Bordelinski, I got a call. Another job and not far from the saloon! This day was looking to be an easy one. Then T sent my first update of the day.

Clay and Fel Henderson welcomed little Erik into the world. Congrats to y'all!

I didn't lie but maybe what I did tell Mr Bordelinski was just half the truth. Either way, I got paid and he was content thinking his wife was faithful.

After collecting my fee, I headed over to the Nowhere Graveyard to meet Phebes, my next client.

Despite us both having other things on our minds, we wasted no time getting to the reason for me being called. Apparently, Phebes and Mark spend a lot of time in this place. She has heard there is a secret rendezvous located underground. She has hired me to find it.

At first, I thought she must have been mistaken. All I kept finding was some lousy bugs.

But she kept insisting that it was real. So I located a hidden panel inside of a mysterious hole.
It unlocked something and released a moon shaped key! Hot damn, time to go exploring!

After confirming my finds and agreeing to send Phebes a map of the tomb .... 
  
... I headed down the stairs of the secret opening I had unlocked.

I was amazed that this had existed under the city!

After searching around, I figured out that pulling on the torch opened another passage.

Which led to another room.

It took me a few moments to unlock the next set of doors. A panel had been set on the ground which I merely had to stomp on to open the doors.

I was intrigued by the different fruits I found growing in this mysterious place.

I found a hole that was shaped just like the crescent I had found earlier.

It fit! A wall swung open. A small pool shimmered inside.

So in I went!!

Only to pop up in a different room! But the door was blocked by some fallen rock.

Luckily, I keep an axe up my ass for emergencies just like this.

I found some ancient coins. I am sure they are worth something. A bonus for all my troubles!

Once the door was cleared, I entered the room Phebes must have been looking for.

It was complete with bathroom too.

I noticed a locked door here as well. But I could find no way to open it.

My calculations would put me right under Perpetual Rest, the funeral home in the city. Further exploration will need to be done there. But for now, I head back to the graveyard.
  
Not wanting anyone to fall, I was sure to close the entrance to the secret stairs.

After placing the call to Phebes and getting a wire transfer authorization code, I headed home.

I rinsed the tomb dust off. Then checked my phone for any updates.

A new resident has moved in. Her name is Sadie Cooper and she was hired by City Hall as a podium polisher. I hope to hear more about her in the future.

Dante was at it again! But this time Nate has stepped in to retrieve Michael's stolen goods.

Skip Broke paid for a room at the Old Motel. Shortly after, Venus arrived and entered said room. Over two hours later, Skip was seen leaving the Old Motel in an exuberant mood. No one knows for sure what transpired.

Interesting as town gossip was, I felt like real companionship tonight. I called up Chloe and invited her over.

After giving her a short tour of my place, we ended in the kitchen where she offered to help me finish up dinner.

It felt weird sitting in the same place where I had told Nani it was over between us. Despite the ratatouille being excellent, I couldn't finish my meal. I was so nervous. What if Chloe knew?

After dinner, I put away left overs while Chloe washed our dishes. I felt the moment was right.

I asked Chloe to make it official. And to let the whole town know we were together.

She was very happy! And she jokingly asked me what had taken me so long. When she left to "freshen up" in the bathroom, I scanned my phone for recent news.

Beau had received a large sum of money but he wouldn't explain what it had been for. A job? 

Ladybug65, normally a quiet sim that keeps to herself, has been put on the Van Helsing hit list. I hope they never catch her alone in a dark alley.

When Chloe came back, I invited her to the sitting area with me. Where we indulged in some old fashioned necking. That is, until my phone started ringing!

As I answered the phone, Chloe looked back at me over her shoulder. I shook my head and she quietly stepped outside.

It was Nani! I could tell she had been drinking. She sounded like she was still at a club. She wanted me to come out there right away and take her home.

It sounded like she was having a great time but I told her things were over. I wasn't going to continue to be her late night man. She swore at me as she hung up.

I headed outside to find Chloe. To my surprise, she was crying by the old graves on the back of my property. When I asked her what was wrong, she said it was nothing.

I kissed her lips and asked if she wanted to stay the night. She said she wasn't that type of woman. When I tried to press her, she took off, claiming she had to get up early for work. I have my doubts but what could I do. 

I sat at my computer and finished out the days work. I emailed that map to Phebes. I confirmed the wire transfer. I checked in on my site. Another job? This time I was going to be seeing ... Ashpie! Interesting. I wonder what she has in store for me. Before I logged off, I checked my updates one more time.

Don has been getting chummy with Early at the Bistro. Could he have found his next target?

The Goth's had a terrible fight right in front of the theater. Cornelia was heard accusing Gunther of doing more than touring the stage with Nani Mea. That girl sure likes to cause trouble!

And my last update from T was of Nate. He had just returned home from visiting the diner with his newborn son, Collin.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! :) I always look forward to these updates. Go CHLOE! She's a classy lady. *hehe*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great episode!! I loved the exploration part. I have been told I have things up my ass but never and axe...that must be painful but handy :P Yay for making it official with Chloe <3

    ReplyDelete